Effects of mistletoe therapy on quality of life
Mistletoe therapy helps to awaken and support the powers of recovery – the disease no longer seems insurmountable, life has a future again. Many clinical studies have shown that mistletoe therapy noticeably improves quality of life:
- Appetite returns.
- Weight increases – the body gains strength.
- Sleep improves.
- The susceptibility to infections subsides.
- The cold feeling with shivering and freezing, which often occurs with cancer, stops.
- Pain subsides.
- Performance increases.
- The mood brightens and depression subsides.
- Emotional stability grows.
- The fear of the illness, which often dominates thoughts and actions especially in the time following diagnosis, diminishes.
- It becomes easier to distance oneself from the “sword of Damocles cancer” and to concentrate on life itself instead.
- You are doing something to treat yourself and are no longer just the object of therapeutic measures.
- You are once again in a better position to make decisions and set priorities in your life. The disease no longer dominates your whole life.
- You come back to yourself and to what constitutes you and your path in life.
You can find a detailed description of the studies on quality of life under mistletoe therapy under scientific information.
Last update: April 17th, 2020/AB